All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe continually growing contribution of transition metal chemistry to synthetic organic chemistry is, of course, widely recognized. Equally well- kwn is the difficulty in keeping up-to-date with the multifarious reactions and procedures that seem to be spawned at an ever-increasing rate. These can certainly be summarized on the basis of reviews under the headings of the individual transition metals. More useful to the bench organic chemist, however, would be the opposite type of concordance based on the structural type of the desired synthetic product. This is the approach taken in the present mograph, which presents for each structural entity a conspectus of the transition metal-mediated processes that can be employed in its production. The resulting comparative survey should be a great help in devising the optimum synthetic approach for a particular goal. It is presented from an essentially practical viewpoint, with detailed direc- tions interspersed in the Houben-Weyl style. The wide scope of the volume should certainly encourage synthetic organic chemists to utilize fully the range and versatility of these transition metal-mediated processes. This will certainly be a well-thumbed reference book! R. A. RAPHAEL Cambridge University v Preface In recent years an ermous amount of work has been done on the catalysis of organic reactions by various transition metal species and on the organic reactivity of orga-transition-metal compounds.
- Author(s)D. J. Thompson,H. M. Colquhoun,J. Holton,M. V. Twigg
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight686 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.