All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fundamental physics of metallic magnetism is t yet satisfactorily understood and continues to be interesting. For instance, magnetism is anticipated to play a principal role in producing high Tc superconductivity of oxides. This book has two major objectives. First, it intends to provide an introduction to magnetism of metals in a broad sense. Besides pursuing the mechanism of metallic magnetism itself, it attempts to find and actively analyze magnetic causes hidden hitherto unticed behind various physical phemena. The author's goal is to expose the fundamental role played by phons in the mechanism of metallic magnetism. He demonstrates how such a view also helps to elucidate a broad spectrum of other observations. The second objective is to concisely introduce the standard many-body points of view and techniques necessary in studying solid physics in general.
- Author(s)Duk Joo Kim
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight662 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 1999
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.