All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first edition of Transatlantic Studies, Heidi Slettedahl Macpherson and Will Kaufman argued that a new field of studies was emerging from the separate fields of insular area studies such as American Studies, European Studies, and African Studies. Now that Transatlantic Studies is a recognized area of inquiry in its own right, Macpherson and Kaufman extend their analysis of it. New Perspectives in Transatlantic Studies aims to extend the definition of Transatlantic Studies and explore the implications of such a definition by supplying a critical perspective, which links the diverse constituents of this interdisciplinary field. Therefore, it engages with issues of the contact zone in relation to globalization, migration, and the law; examines transatlantic artistic and cultural representation; and explores the ecomic, philosophic, and political implications of the transatlantic area.
- Author BiographyHeidi Slettedahl Macpherson is Senior Lecturer in English, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, England. Will Kaufman is Senior Lecturer in English and American Studies, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, England.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/01/2002
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight376 g
- Width135 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byHeidi Slettedahl MacPherson,Will Kaufman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.