All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA re-examination of the evidence for the existence of a historical Faust figure which shows that the popular belief that such a figure existed is t well-founded. In the light of new evidence regarding the origins of Valdes and Cornelius in Marlowe's play the theories of earlier scholars are reconsidered with the result that Marlowe is shown to have used sources other than the English Faust Book for his play. Marlowe's play is also compared to the continental dramatic tradition and is shown to be more closely linked to this than it is to any contemporary English tradition. Evidence is presented to show that Marlowe was t the atheist he is believed to have been, but rather a staunch Lutheran.
- Author(s)Neil Brough
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/11/1994
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note32 fig.
- Weight500 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.