All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionGo beyond computing basics with the award-winning NEW PERSPECTIVES ON COMPUTER CONCEPTS. Designed to get you up-to-speed on essential computer literacy skills, this market leading text goes deeper, providing technical and practical information relevant to everyday life. NEW PERSPECTIVES ON COMPUTER CONCEPTS 2014 incorporates significant techlogy trends that affect computing and everyday life; such as concerns for data security, personal privacy, online safety, controversy over digital rights management, interest in open source software and portable applications, and more. In addition, coverage of Microsoft Windows 8 and Office 2013 will introduce you to the exciting new features of Microsoft's next generation of software.
- Author BiographyJune Parsons purchased her first computer, an Apple II+, in 1981 and quickly became fluent in BASIC, dBASE II, Lotus 123, WordStar, and a variety of accounting programs. The next year she opened a successful small computer retail store with Dan Oja that also offered software instruction to children and adults. Dr. Parsons taught at the university level for more than 20 years. She holds a doctorate in Educational Technology and was certified by the ICCP in 1995. Dr. Parsons began writing and creating educational software for Course Technology in 1992. She contributed to the Windows for Business and Illustrated Series and developed the New Perspectives, e-Course, and Practical series. She works via the Internet with a team of highly skilled media specialists and desktop publishers located in various states and provinces. An esteemed professional and respected author, Dan Oja, along with June Parsons, purchased an Apple II+ in 1981 and quickly became fluent in BASIC, dBASE II, Lotus 123, WordStar, and a variety of accounting programs. The next year, he and Dr. Parsons opened a successful small computer retail store that offered software instruction to children and adults. With Dr. Parsons, Mr. Oja began writing and creating educational software for Course Technology in 1992. Together, they contributed to the leading success of the Windows for Business and Illustrated Series. They also developed the New Perspectives, e-Course, and Practical series. Today, Mr. Oja's and Dr. Parson's team of highly skilled media specialists and desktop publishers located in various states and provinces work together via the Internet to deliver exceptional texts.
- Author(s)Dan Oja,June Jamrich Parsons
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication16/04/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Out-of-print date10/01/2017
- Weight1065 g
- Width217 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
- Edition StatementBrief edition of 17th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.