All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNearly all of Laurence's works from Africa and Canada are critiqued in this volume. The essays highlight Laurence's invative narrative styles, showing how her combinations of oral literary forms and unique shifts in tense and point of view help her achieve vivid character portrayals. In addition, viewing Laurence's prose as closely textured poetry, her use of language, theme, and image are carefully critiqued. The importance of Laurence's portrayal of women's experiences, most tably that of aging women, is viewed in a feminist framework. These new American perspectives on Laurence will be of interest to both scholars and students.
- Author BiographyGRETA M.K. MCCORMICK is Instructor of English at Northwest Mississippi Community College. She has published numerous essays on international literatures in English, and compiled Index to Subjects, Proverbs, and Themes in the Writings of Wole Soyinka (Greenwood, 1988).
- Author(s)Greta M. Coger
- Date of Publication30/05/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContributions in Women's Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 154.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight557 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.