All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionA very readable reference to the rapidly growing area of intellectual property law, this is an invaluable, accessible and unique practical resource to all major areas of IP and the most common aspects of practicing in those areas. Organized by practice area, it provides important background and history as well as information on prosecution and litigation for patents; trademark, trade dress, unfair competition, and trade secrets; and copyright. It is an ideal resource for newer practitioners, attorneys with a more general legal practice, and summer interns. The authors, both experienced IP practitioners, offer important background information regarding the fundamentals of the major areas of the law. Explaining how to handle matters from prosecution to litigation, this book will help even the greenest of those in the area of IP obtain practical kwledge on the typical handlings of various aspects of IP ranging from procurement to enforcement and everything in between. The book's general information on all facets of procurement and litigation in the various IP areas helps practitioners can understand terms, be familiar with common documents, and learn what is needed in a situation without having to delve into endless research or taking time to question others.
- Author BiographyDavid R. Gerk is an attorney in the Office of Policy and External Affairs (OPEA) at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) where he advises the Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on domestic and international IP issues as well as on United States treaty obligations and helps to formulate U.S. domestic and international policy regarding protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights. Prior to joining the USPTO, David was a shareholder in Banner & Witcoff's Washington, D.C., office where he practiced intellectual property law. John M. Fleming is a principal shareholder at the law firm of Banner & Witcoff, Ltd., specializing in all forms of intellectual property protection, where he concentrates on preparing and prosecuting utility and design patent applications in a variety of technical fields while participating in litigation matters, client counseling, and a wide spectrum of opinion work. John's technical areas include telecommunications, Internet-related and private network technology, semiconductors, e-commerce, digital/electronic handwriting, color management, graphical user interface systems, financial security, application programming interfaces, and computer-relation technologies.
- Author(s)David R Gerk,John M. Fleming
- PublisherAmerican Bar Association
- Date of Publication07/04/2014
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Bar Association
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.