All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew Prairie Kitchen profiles 25 of the most exciting and groundbreaking chefs, farmers, and producers of artisanal goods from Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota. Their personal stories are interspersed with more than 50 chef-contributed recipes that range from refreshingly simple to exquisitely gourmet. Organized by season, New Prairie Kitchen will transport readers to a revitalized Midwestern heartland where traditional favorites interweave with inspiring new flavors and techniques. Author Summer Miller introduces readers to the phemenal talent emerging from America's breadbasket: farms that grow asparagus thick as your thumb and tender as a strawberry; dairies that produce fresh, natural milks and cheeses; and nationally recognized restaurants that make these mouthwatering ingredients into edible art. Pioneering chefs across the prairie have taken an old-meets-new approach to their cuisine, sourcing traditional staples from local sustainable farms, and incorporating them into recipes in new and thrilling ways. Beautiful full-color photography and terrific storytelling will lead readers through a wonderful diversity of cooking styles and recipes sure to appeal to any palate. New Prairie Kitchen will reveal a fresh take on farm-to-table cooking and inspire Americans from coast to coast to try everything the prairie has to offer.
- Author BiographySummer Miller is a freelance writer based just outside the urban fringes of Omaha, Nebraska. Her writing has appeared in Saveur, Every Day with Rachael Ray, Edible Omaha, Edible Feast, Nebraska Life, Omaha Magazine, and the Reader. She blogs at scaldedmilk.com. Dana Damewood received her Bachelor of Fine Art in Photography from the Savannah College of Art and Design in 2003. Her nationally recognized work in fine art portraiture has been displayed in many gallery exhibitions. She also owns a portrait and wedding business. She lives in Omaha, NE.
- Author(s)Summer Miller
- PublisherSurrey Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSurrey Books,U.S.
- Content NoteColor and B&W photos throughout
- Weight957 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographer(s)Dana Damewood
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.