All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book identifies new formations of race, racism and ethnicity at the intersection of neoliberalism, security, urban governance and the law through a comparative, international analysis of police organizations and practices. It pushes analytical and theoretical boundaries by examining racialization and ethnicization in locations where the topic is politically taboo, such as in China, India and France, and where racial and ethnic hierarchies have supposedly been banished to the past, as in Bosnia and South Africa. This book also examines police and security services t as mere artefacts of state authority or the prerogatives of capitalist development, but as relatively automous and uniquely productive intersections of new kinds of state, social and cultural formations that are remaking race, embodiment, fear and control on their own terms. This book was published as a special issue of Ethnic and Racial Studies .
- Author BiographyPaul Amar is Associate Professor in the Global & International Studies Program, with appointments in Sociology, Feminist Studies, Latin American Studies and Middle East Studies, at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEthnic and Racial Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight432 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byPaul Amar
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.