All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionNew Religious Movements in the 21st Century is the first volume to examine the urgent and important issues facing new religions in their political, legal and religious contexts in global perspective. With essays from prominent NRM scholars and usefully organized into four regional areas covering Western Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia, Russia and Eastern Europe, and North and South America, as well as a concluding section on the major themes of globalization and terrorist violence, this book provides invaluable insight into the challenges facing religion in the twenty-first century. An introduction by Tom Robbins provides an overview of the major issues and themes discussed in the book.
- Author BiographyPhillip Lucas is Associate Professor of Religious Studies at Stetson University. He is the author The Oddyssey of a New Religion and Prime Time Religion, with J. Gordon Melton and Jon Stone. He is also the founding editor of the journal iNova Religion. Tom Robbins, an independent scholar, has authored and edited many volumes including Millennium, Messiahs, and Mayhem (Routledge, 1997).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2004
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byPhillip Charles Lucas,Thomas Robbins,Tom Robbins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.