All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudy of diasporas provides a useful frame for reimagining locations, movements, identities, and social formations. This volume explores diaspora as historical experience and as a category of analysis. Using case studies drawn from African and Asian diasporas and immigration in the U.S., the contributors interrogate ideas of displacement, return, and place of origin as they relate to diasporic identity. They also consider how practices of commensality become grounds for examining identity and difference and how narrative and aesthetic forms emerge through the context of diaspora.
- Author BiographySukanya Banerjee is Associate Professor of English at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and author of Becoming Imperial Citizens: Indians in the Late-Victorian Empire. Aims McGuinness is Associate Professor of History at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and author of Path of Empire: Panama and the California Gold Rush, 1848-1856. Steven C. McKay is Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of California at Santa Cruz and author of Satanic Mills or Silicon Islands? The Politics of High-Tech Production in the Philippines.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series Title21st Century Studies
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note5 b&w illus.
- Weight409 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAims C. McGuinness,Steven C. McKay,Sukanya Banerjee
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.