All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere has been growing scholarly attention to questions about the revival of religion and religiosity on global social, cultural and political fronts and the emergence of a 'post-secular' society. New Social Foundations for Education is dedicated to the drawing of the implications of the contemporary 'post-secular' social transformation for education. Though the question of the 'post-secular' stands at the focal point of a wide range of academic debates and discussions, within educational discourse it has t received close scholarly attention. This volume aims to correct this lack by presenting groundbreaking works of leading scholars from Europe, the United States, and the Middle East. Contributions discuss such topics as the mystical tradition and its social and pedagogic implications; transformative and ecological education; 'new age' spiritualism and its educational implications; and the relations between secular and religious education in different local contexts.
- Author BiographyPhilip Wexler is Professor of Sociology of Education and Unterberg Chair (Emeritus) at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. From 2011 to 2013, he was the visiting Bronfman Professor at Brandeis University. He is currently Visiting Professor in Education and Social Sciences at The Bergische University, Wuppertal, Germany. He is the author of a number of books, including Social Theory in Education (Peter Lang, 2008). Yotam Hotam is Assistant Professor at the University of Haifa where he is also the head of the MA Program for the Study of Alternatives in Education. His publications include Modern Gnosis and Zionism: The Crisis of Culture, Life Philosophy and National Jewish Thought (2013) and Space Theodyssey: Science Fiction, Religiosity and Education in a Post-secular Age (2011).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight310 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byPhilip Wexler,Yotam Hotam
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.