All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionSalma Nageeb's book provides case studies and analysis of the lives of four Muslim women living in Khartoum, the capital of Sudan. Nageeb examines how these women negotiate their social space, locating their daily struggles within the increasingly rigid Islamic practice in Sudan. The women express resistance and cultural accommodation in different ways: while some choose to instrumentalize state and religious rules and rhetoric for their own aims, others stretch the boundaries with gentle persistence. These case studies provide a unique dimension to Nageeb's important sociological and social anthropological analysis of everyday life in the context of globalization and 'Islamization.'
- Author BiographySalma Ahmed Nageeb is a research fellow at the Sociology of Development Research Centre, University of Bielefeld, Germany.
- Author(s)Salma Ahmed Nageeb
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/01/2004
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width176 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.