All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat significance did the Lex Regia De Imperio Vespasiani bear for the Dutch philosophers in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries? Did it simply define a question of law and its ancient use? Was it responsible for the definition of a scholarly exercise in literary-rhetorical regulae? New Studies on Lex Regia explores these questions as the dispute on a n-literary source (the Lex Regia) is exemplary for the way in which philological research came together with interpretations of the Roman law and the political conclusions drawn from them. Situated between philosophy and philology, this book attempts to rehabilitate a debate on the fides historica in Cartesianism and post-Cartesian Pyrrhonism. It focuses on the role that modern historiography on Rome plays in the construction of the politico-cultural model between republicanism and absolutism in the works of the Dutch thinkers Grovius, Ulrik Huber, Perizonius, Noodt and Barbeyrac.
- Author BiographyFabrizio Lomonaco is Professor of History of Philosophy at the University of Naples Federico II . As a member of the editorial boards, he is involved with the following journals: Archivio di storia della cultura (Naples), Bollettino del centro di studi vichiani (Rome), and Post Filosofie (Bari). He is the Director of Civilta del Mediterraneo (Naples) and Logos (Naples), and has written essays relating to the 17
th-18 th centuries Holland and Southern Italian thought (Grozio and Perizonio, Noodt and Barbeyrac, Caloprese and Gravina, Vico and Pagano).
- Author(s)Fabrizio Lomonaco
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication27/04/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleStudies in Early Modern European Culture / Studi Sulla Cultura Europea Della Prima Eta Moderna
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight502 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.