All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other
- AU $24.31New
- AU $49.49New
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.52
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.26
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.94
- AU $26.09Trending at AU $28.18
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $30.44Trending at AU $33.80
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.45
About this product
- DescriptionPaul L. Dave builds on his previous work in the field of biblical linguistics to provide a refinement of the Case Frame Analysis method as applied to the Greek of the New Testament. He shows how the method can be used in clarifying elements of Greek grammar, interpretation, and translation. In particular Dave distinguishes the semantic implications of active, middle, and passive usages of verbs. He establishes a rigorous basis for distinguishing semantic synyms and near-synyms and for clarifying their implications for interpretation and translation. A heuristic feature model for relating distinct usages of verbs and deriving their various contations is determined, and the conceptual and grammatical differences of verbs of oral and n-oral communication are clarified.
- Author BiographyPaul L. Danove is Professor of New Testament Studies at Villanova University, USA.
- Author(s)Paul L Danove
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChris Keith
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.