All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Thinking ; four important reviews of The Star of Redemption, and his 1917 letter to Rudolf Ehrenberg, the germcell of The Star. Barbara E. Galli's own essay touches on the basic concepts of Rosenzweig's work, while pointing to and going beyond his scholarship. Alan Udoff's provocative closing essay situates Rosenzweig's thought in the context of modern and postmodern philosophical concerns and suggests a new direction in assessing the philosopher's theological accomplishment. This volume is a perfect guide for students of the great philosopher and for a broader general audience seeking an introduction to Rosenzwieg's ideas.
- Author BiographyFranz Rosenzweig (1886-1929), one of the most significant philosophers and religious thinkers of the twentieth century, collaborated with Martin Buber on a new German translation of the Bible - Alan Udoff is the Louis K. Kaplan Professor of Philosophy at Baltimore Hebrew University - Barbara E. Galli is presently the Aaron Aaronov Chair of Judaic Studies at the University of Alabama.
- Author(s)Franz Rosenzweig
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/1998
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight386 g
- Width127 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byAlan Udoff,Barbara E. Galli
- Volume editorAlan Udoff,Barbara E. Galli
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.