All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTime spent in Japan, and everyday life in Berkeley and Oakland, come together as a kaleidoscope of words and consciousness in New Time. Leslie Scalapi pushes at the edges / spatial shape of language and experience in her new collection by writing that is itself events, which are to punch a hole in reality. Real events, occurring in real time, are transformed in the act of writing them as perceived rather than interpreted. Phrases repeat, conjoin, break apart, and return in this challenging and invative work, as Scalapi moves toward a new time wherein there is 'inner' -- one's illusion that is the adamant social being / is inner and the body is a new form.
- Author BiographyLESLIE SCALAPINO is author of numerous books of poetry, essays, and plays, as well as the novel Defoe (1994). Wesleyan has published her most recent books: The Public World / Syntactically Impermanence and The Front Matter, Dead Souls (1996).
- Author(s)Leslie Scalapino
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication03/05/1999
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleWesleyan Poetry
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.