All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese exceptional houses distinguished by their classical style and artistic integrity represent the highest level of design and craftsmanship, fashioned for historic taste. A return to classicism and traditional styles has been widely observed in the world of architecture and design, and the houses in this volume represent the finest examples of new design based on historical precedents. These stunning residences are graced with regional character, impeccable craftsmanship, and classic beauty. Collaborating with leading landscape designers, decorators, and artisans, architects Mark Ferguson and Oscar Shamamian have produced homes that whether country estates, suburban houses, or city apartments are exquisite examples of timeless design for those who are inspired by historic styles. With lush photography capturing the allure of these of exteriors, interiors, and details as well as original drawings and plans the book will appeal to architects, interior designers, and homeowners with an eye for fine design and anyone wishing to be inspired by the poetry of history. Recognized by Architectural Digest in 2010 as being among the most important and influential architecture firms at work today, this beautifully illustrated volume presents Ferguson & Shamamian's finest work, including new houses, apartments, alterations and additions, and unbuilt design plans. Each of the nineteen homes featured in the book will be presented in detail, with full color photography and project descriptions written by the architects themselves. Eleven unbuilt projects will be represented by drawings, and eleven alterations and additions will be included in an appendix.
- Author BiographyMark Ferguson and Oscar Shamamian are partners in the New York based Ferguson & Shamamian Architects LLP. Their work has been widely published in books and magazines, including Architectural Digest, Elle Decor, House Beautiful, House & Garden, and Town & Country. The firm has received numerous awards and was most recently honored with the prestigious 2003 Arthur Ross Award for Architecture from the Institute of Classical Architecture & Classical America. Richard Guy Wilson is chair of the Department of Architectural History at the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)Mark Ferguson,Oscar Shamamian
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note240 Colour
- Weight3048 g
- Width305 mm
- Height368 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.