Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique and timely book analyses the problem of financing civil litigation. The expert contributors discuss the legal possibilities and difficulties associated with several instruments - including cost shifting, fee arrangements, legal expense insurance and group litigation. The authors assess the impact of these instruments from a law and ecomics perspective and provide empirical information on the way in which they work in practice. A transatlantic perspective on financing civil litigation is also provided. New Trends in Financing Civil Litigation in Europe reveals that as well as improving access to justice, several instruments have the potential to screen cases based on their quality. The book also shows how the choice of instrument can affect the behaviour of actors throughout the litigation process. This insightful book will appeal to academics and postgraduates in the fields of private law and law and ecomics. Law firms and insurance companies offering legal expense insurance will also find this book a valuable read.
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleNew Horizons in Law and Economics Series
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byLouis Visscher,Mark Tuil
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.