All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe use of ion accelerators for purposes other than nuclear l physics research has expanded to the point where lother uses are w the most typical. The point has been reached where there are as many ion accelerators in industry, as in universities; and the bulk of new accelerator purchases appears to be for applied pur poses. We mention this as introduction to a tribute to an earlier book: IINew Uses of Low Energy Accelerators (1968). The authors of tnis book were almost all nuclear physicists. This book ad dressed itself to new uses other than nuclear research. And in great part because of the widespread seminal influence of this book, many of the new uses discussed became mature fields of re search with their own conferences and publications. We have attempted in this book to both update with topics t included in the first book, and to present in a more tutorial and detailed manner the topics discussed. This book is in many ways a joint book. All chapters were the result of considerable collaboration between the authors. We hope that, above all, we have written with clarity. We welcome comments and questions from any reader. James F. Ziegler IBM-Research v CONTENTS CHAPTER 1. Ion-Excited X-Ray Analysis of Environmental Samples Thomas A. Cahill I. Introduction ....... ......
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight789 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byJames Ziegler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.