All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York City Baseball recaptures the extraordinary decade of 1947-1957, when the three New York teams were the uncrowned kings of the city. In those ten years, Casey Stengel's Bronx Bombers went to the World Series seven times; Joltin' Joe DiMaggio stepped gracefully aside to make room for a young slugger named Mickey Mantle; Bobby Thomson hit the shot heard 'round the world ; and the Brooklyn Dodgers achieved the impossible by beating the Yankees in the 1955 World Series. Over the decade, the teams averaged an astounding 90 wins against 63 losses a season, making it, according to The New York Times, a helluva ten years.
- Author BiographyHarvey Frommer is the celebrated author of more than forty-two sports books, including Remembering Yankee Stadium, Remembering Fenway Park, and A Yankee Century. Frommer is a professor in the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Program at Dartmouth College. He lives in Lyme, New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Harvey Frommer
- PublisherTaylor Trade Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaylor Trade Publishing
- Content Note26 black & white halftones
- Weight394 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.