All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn this photographic art book, Horst and Daniel Zielske yet again document a mega-metropolis with an extraordinary and atmospheric cycle of images: New York - street scenes, backyards, the rusty stilts of the elevated railway in Harlem, a deserted side-street devoid of human life. The city that never sleeps allows itself to pause for a few moments; they are moments of symbolic equilibrium, which the photo artists have captured. The photographers have reunced all frippery; they simply observe very closely, search for a long time, until they have the optimal angle and perspective. The results are surprisingly intimate - they are snapshots, but at the same time they are monuments for eternity. These are images of New York City with an unkwn tranquillity and an almost palpable stillness. In these moving photographs, even well-kwn masterpieces of modern architecture such as the Solomon R Guggenheim Museum reveal an entirely new magic.
- Author BiographyHorst and Daniel Zielske have been working together in the field of photography for 15 years. During this time, they have produced more than 20 books while their work has appeared in numerous publications.
- Author(s)Daniel Zielske,Horst Zielske
- PublisherMonaco Books
- Date of Publication27/05/2015
- LanguageEnglish and German
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMonaco Books
- Weight2359 g
- Width420 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.