All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Unbound is a critical examination of the problems and prospects of New York City as it approaches the twenty--first century and a call to arms for a new infusion of energy and creativity in charting its future. As the authors take stock of the citya s remarkable resources, they build the argument that the wellsprings of New Yorka s continuing prosperity reside t in further regulation, taxation, subsidization, and political intransigence, but rather in the release of market forces as the stimulant to further growth and greater prosperity and opportunity. From the creation of better housing to the streamlining of social services, the lessons proffered in New York Unbound will have implications t only for the future of the worlda s greatest city, but for every city attempting to grapple with the challenges of the future.
- Author BiographyPeter D. Salins is Professor of Urban Affairs and Planning at Hunter College. He is the author of The Ecology of Housing Destruction.
- Author(s)Prof Peter Salins
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/12/1988
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight470 g
- Width163 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.59Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.