Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionAppropriate for advanced high school and college students, as well as working scientists, this intriguing guide is the first of three volumes that will chart the progress of a scientific inventory of New Zealand's live and fossil biodiversity. An international effort involving more than 220 New Zealand specialists, this project, when completed, will include every one of the almost 55,000 kwn species of animals, plants, fungi, and micro-organisms in the country. Part of Species 2000 , an international scientific project, the long-term goal is to enumerate all kwn species on earth into one seamless list called the Catalog of Life , which will function as an online biological catalog. To date, only New Zealand has compiled a checklist of its entire biota.
- Author BiographyDennis P. Gordon is a scientist at the National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research in Wellington, New Zealand, where he has led a marine biodiversity research group for 13 years. In 2005 he was the recipient of the prestigious New Zealand Marine Sciences Society Award for his lifetime contribution to the advancement of marine science.
- PublisherCanterbury University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChristchurch
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintCanterbury University Press
- Content Note56 colour photographs, 96 b/w photographs, 1 colour illustration, 295 line drawings, 4 charts, 49 tables, 6 graphs, 4 diagrams, 1 map
- Weight2200 g
- Width216 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byDennis P. Gordon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.