All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $23.48Free postage
- AU $23.49Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionNew Zealand is a wilderness paradise of incredibly beautiful landscapes. From its turquoise waters and sandy beaches, fern-clad hillsides give way to lush forests, deep gorges, alpine lakes and sw-capped peaks. Outstanding scenery, a rich heritage and extensive outdoor activities combine to make New Zealand one of the world's most exciting hiking destinations. New Zealand is criss-crossed by tracks, of which nine have been designated Great Walks by the Department of Conservation. These are the country's premier hiking trails and each route takes about 3-5 days to walk. Internationally rewned, they give a good feel for the range of experiences available in the New Zealand backcountry. Meticulously waymarked and maintained, the Great Walks provide outstanding tramping opportunities for people of all levels of fitness and proficiency. In New Zealand, hiking is kwn as tramping. This updated second edition includes: Practical information for all budgets - Planning your trip and getting to New Zealand; getting to each trailhead; health and safety; environmentally-sensitive trampingIncludes 50 trail maps - walking times, directions, places to stay and points of interest. These are t general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn specifically for trail users.Flora and faunaHistorical and cultural background.Plus - Auckland, Wellington and gateway towns - detailed guides and maps to Auckland, Wellington, National Park Village, Taumaranui, Nelson, Queenstown, Te Anau and Oban.
- Author BiographyAlexander Stewart is a keen walker and has hiked in Africa, Asia, South America and Europe. He has also written for Trailblazer The Walker's Haute Route, Peddars Way & Norfolk Coast Path, and The Inca Trail, Cusco & Machu Picchu 5th edition. He lives in London where he works for WEXAS, the World Expeditionary Association.
- Author(s)Alexander Sterwart
- PublisherTrailblazer Publications
- Date of Publication17/08/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationHindhead, Surrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrailblazer Publications
- Content Note40 colour photos, 50 detailed trekking maps, 10 town plans
- Weight350 g
- Width180 mm
- Height120 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.