Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
About this product
- DescriptionNewfoundlands are big, strong dogs that are often trained to rescue swimmers who are struggling in the water. They have been nicknamed lifeguard dogs because they have saved so many people from drowning! One of the oldest dog breeds in the world, Newfoundlands are descended from dogs native to an island off the eastern coast of Canada called Newfoundland. There, they were working dogs with important jobs like helping fisherman on boats. Because the dogs were strong swimmers, they could pull nets out of the water and retrieve anything that fell overboard from the ship. Today, many Newfoundlands are still working dogs, and the gentle and protective nature of this breed also makes them great family pets. Newfoundland: Water Rescuer is a perfect read for dog lovers that includes amazing, real-life stories about these huge dogs while also recounting the breeds history and how that determined the animals physical characteristics, personality, and suitability as a pet.
- Author(s)Dawn Bluemel Oldfield
- PublisherBearport Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleBig Dogs Rule!
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBearport Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight295 g
- Width208 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.