All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.05
About this product
- DescriptionMany people who visit the ancient and magnificent Newgrange monument in the Boyne Valley are driven by some deep longing to connect with their most distant roots. The giant 5,000-year-old megalithic construction evokes awe and wonderment, and a keen sense of melancholy for the community of people who created and fashioned it from stone and earth in the remote past, a people w lost to time. For the past two centuries, archaeologists, antiquarians, writers and researchers have been probing Newgrange in the hope of revealing something about its purpose, and something about the mysterious people of the New Stone Age who created giant structures using primitive techlogy. What has become clear from these investigations is that Newgrange is a uniquely special place, and that its construction was carried out t by a grizzly mob of grunting barbarians, but rather by an advanced agrarian community who had developed keen skills in the sciences of astromy, engineering and architecture. In Newgrange: Monument to Immortality , writer and researcher Anthony Murphy goes deep into the mind and soul of his Neolithic ancestors to attempt to draw forth some answers to these questions. In a deeply moving, poetic and philosophical exploration, he looks beyond the archaeology and the astromy to reveal a much more profound and sacred vision of the very spirit of the people who were driven to such marvellous and wondrous efforts.
- Author BiographyAnthony Murphy is a journalist and the co-author of Island of the Setting Sun.
- Author(s)Anthony Murphy
- PublisherThe Liffey Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Liffey Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations throughout
- Weight839 g
- Width170 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.