All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the role of language and images in newspaper, radio, online and television news. The authors introduce useful frameworks for analysing language, image and the interaction between the two, and illustrate these with authentic news stories from around the English-speaking world, ranging from the Oktoberfest to environmental disasters to the killing of Osama bin Laden. This analysis persuasively illustrates how events are re-told in the news and made 'newsworthy' through both language and image. This clearly written and accessible introduction to news discourse is essential reading for students, lecturers, and researchers in Linguistics, Media/Journalism Studies, and Semiotics.
- Author BiographyHelen Caple is a Lecturer in Media, Journalism and Communications at the University of New South Wales, Australia. Monika Bednarek is a Lecturer in Linguistics at the University of Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)Helen Caple,Monika Bednarek
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleContinuum Discourse
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.