All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the Newington Emerald is stolen at the height of a conjured storm, eighteen-year-old Lady Truthful Newington goes to London to search for the magical heirloom of her house. But as well-bred young lady can hunt the metropolis for a stolen jewel, she has to disguise herself as a man, and is soon caught up in a dangerous adventure where she must risk her life, her reputation and her heart...Balancing twin roles as a young lady coming out in her first season and as an intrepid young man up against an evil sorceress isn't easy, but Truthful has to manage it. Her father's life and even the fate of England may depend upon her recovering the Newington Emerald!
- Author BiographyGARTH NIX was born in 1963 in Melbourne, Australia. A full-time writer since 2001, he previously worked as a literary agent, marketing consultant, book editor, book publicist, book sales representative, bookseller, and as a part-time soldier in the Australian Army Reserve. Garth's books include the award-winning young adult fantasy novels Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen and Clariel; the dystopian novel Shade's Children; and the space opera A Confusion of Princes. His fantasy novels for children include The Ragwitch; the six books of the Seventh Tower sequence; the Keys to the Kingdom series; and the Troubletwisters series and Spirit Animals: Blood Ties (co- written with Sean Williams). More than five million copies of his books have been sold around the world, his books have appeared on the bestseller lists of the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, the Guardian and The Australian, and his work has been translated into more than forty languages. He lives in a Sydney beach suburb with his wife and two children...
- Author(s)Garth Nix
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Width138 mm
- Height208 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.