All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArthur Biyarslav's journey to competitive boxing has t been easy. As a small child he fled Chechnya with his family, dodging bullets and rocket fire and fording a freezing river. As a young Muslim refugee he faced hardships and hostility in his new homes in Azerbaijan and Toronto. Soccer became his refuge, and he learned two languages by playing the game with his new friends. In Toronto, he joined a league and quickly became their star player. A broken leg left him weakened and he turned to boxing to keep his strength up. Soon it became his new love. After many hours of hard work, he started to win his bouts. And by the age of twenty the Chechen Wolf was a champion amateur boxer, winning gold for Canada, his new homeland, at the 2015 Pan Am Games. That medal earned him a shot at the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro-the next round for this talented boxer and determined survivor.
- Author BiographyJohn Spray grew up in the Midwest and spent years as a successful amateur boxer, gym rat and boxing fanatic. He has been a Private Investigator in Toronto for forty years and is the owner and founder of Mantis Investigation. John also sponsors the annual John Spray Mystery Award for excellence in mystery writing for children.
- Author(s)John Spray
- PublisherPajama Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPajama Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, colour plates, index
- Weight226 g
- Width190 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Reading AgeFrom 5
- Interest AgeFrom 10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.