All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1911, Frederick W. Taylor published one of the most outstanding scientific cornerstones for the production system of the 20
th century - The Principles of Scientific Management. Today, industrial production is confronted with a change towards kwledge-intensive and transformable production systems, which are characterized by kwledge work. A Taylor-based reconception of kwledge work has to develop an understanding of kwledge work as a special form of communication. The corresponding scientific background for such an endeavor can be found in system theory and second-order cybernetics. The book conceptualizes the organization of kwledge work for the first time as a function which coordinates and controls kwledge work from within and which initially discusses and applies methods, the so-called MXM, on the kwledge workers.
- Author BiographyLukas Scheiber received his MA in Sociology, Business Administration and Economics from the University of Stuttgart. After finishing his studies, he worked as a researcher at the Lucerne Business School. In 2008, he started to work as a doctoral researcher (DFG fellowship) at GSaME - Graduate School of Excellence advanced Manufacturing Engineering, University of Stuttgart. After finishing his doctorate in 2011, the author started to work at GSaME as an academic assistant.
- Author(s)Lukas Scheiber
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSchriften zur Unternehmensplanung
- Series Part/Volume Number87
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight410 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.