Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionJerzy Neyman received the National Medal of Science for laying the foundations of modern statistics and devising tests and procedures that have become essential parts of the kwledge of every statistician. Until his death in 1981 at the age of 87, Neyman was vigorously involved in the concerns and controversies of the day, a scientist whose personality and activity were integral parts of his contribution to science. His career is thus particularly well-suited for the n-technical life-story which Constance Reid has made her own in such well-received biographies of Hilbert and Courant. She was able to talk extensively with Neyman and have access to his personal and professional letters and papers. Her book will thus appeal to professional statisticians as well as amateurs wanting to learn about a subject which permeates almost every aspect of modern life.
- Author(s)Constance Reid
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/10/1997
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1040 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.