All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis three-volume edition, in Greek with Latin translation, of the History by Nicephorus Gregoras (c. 1295-1360) was edited by Ludwig Schopen (Volumes 1 and 2, 1829-30) and Immanuel Bekker (Volume 3, 1855). The astromer and historian, Gregpras, became the archivist of the Byzantine emperor Andronikos II Palaiologos (to whom he proposed a calendar reform similar to that adopted by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582), and was involved in the fruitless negotiations of 1333 to unite the Greek and Latin Churches. The thirty-seven books by Gregoras' History overlap with the work by George Pachymeres, and continue the narrative to 1359. This period is also covered in the History by the ex-Emperor John Cantacuzene, and both these authors are also reissued in this series. Volume 2 begins in 1341, with the events following the death of Andronikos III, and ends in 1351, during the troubled reign of John VI Cantacuzene.
- Author(s)Nicephorus Gregoras
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- LanguageGreek, ancient (to 1453)
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Medieval History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight1040 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edited byLudwig Schopen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.