Nicholas St. North: and the Battle of the Nightmare King by Laura Geringer, William Joyce (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 31 Jan
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForget the huge belly and the jolly old elf stuff because before Santa grew out the beard and shimmied his way down your chimney, he was a swashbuckling young man with a bit of a wild streak-and a talent for wizardry. When St. North's latest invention, The Robot Genie, falls under the spell of The Nightmare King, Santa pays a terrible price. He is shrunken, frozen in place and trapped in a metallic shell and turned into a toy which means he is powerless to stop The Robot Genie from enacting The Nightmare King's evil plot to terrorize children. But, toys are magical things, aren't they? Without being able to speak or interact, they can form powerful and lasting bonds with young children, children who care for them and love them with all of their hearts-and when St. North the toy falls into the hands of a little girl who needs a toy more than most, they unlock the spell and set off a chain of events that send St. North on a sleigh ride through a starry, starry night...and lays the foundation for the next Guardian books.
- Author BiographyWilliam Joyce has put his personal stamp on all types of children s media. His books include the New York Times bestseller The Man in the Moon, Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King, E. Aster Bunnymund and the Warrior Eggs at the Earth s Core!, and Santa Calls. He s won three Emmy awards for his Rolie Polie Olie animated series, developed character concepts for Toy Story and A Bug s Life, and made films including Robots and Meet the Robinsons. He s currently executive producer of the DreamWorks Animation release of Rise of the Guardians (Fall 2012) inspired by his new series. He is also producing The Leaf Men, based on his book The Leaf Men. And his star continues to rise he s been nominated for an Academy Award for his innovative short film The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. He lives in Shreveport, LA, and is the founder of Moonbot Studios.
- Author(s)Laura Geringer,William Joyce
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleThe Guardians
- Series Part/Volume NumberBook One
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Illustrator(s)William Joyce
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.