All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you deal with a bunch of wild ones on your first day at school? Nicholas is faced with a gang of bullies including big Charlie, mean Jake, Wedgie Reggie and, worst of all, their girl leader, Cindy Crocker. But through a combination of artistic talent and inventiveness Nicholas eventually wins the admiration of the wild ones and makes a surprising new friend. A great picture story book about bullying, problem-solving and friendship from multi award-winning author-illustrator Niki Daly.
- Author BiographyNiki Daly has won many awards for his exuberant work. His groundbreaking Not So fast Songololo (1986), winner of a U.S Parent's Choice Award, paved the way for post-apartheid South African children's books. Since then, he has been published across the globe and has visited and presented talks in several countries. Among his many Frances Lincoln books, Once Upon a Time was an Honor Winner in the US Children's Africana Book Awards of 2004. Jamela's Dress - first in the Jamela series - was another milestone book, chosen by the ALA as a Notable Children's Book and by Booklist as one of the Top 10 African American Picture Books of 2000, and winning both the Children's Literature Choice Award and the Parent's Choice Silver Award. Niki lives with his wife, the illustrator Jude Daly, in Mowbray, a bustling Cape Town suburb.
- Author(s)Niki Daly
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Width240 mm
- Height275 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.