Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis book was compiled for musicians who, though competent on their instrument, would like some help getting involved in the English folk session scene. It follows on from a previous Mally publication, Nick Barber's English Choice.
A music session is like a conversation, and in order to take part you need certain basic tools. If youre going to join in with the tunes you hear being played, you need to kw which tunes to expect. And if you plan to learn these tunes, you will probably find a printed version of the tune useful. If you plan to start a set of tunes during a session, you need to kw which tunes other musicians would be likely to kw and join in with. This book aims to present a selection of tunes for this purpose.
Because there is an element of fashion in the repertoire of any session, I have tried to select tunes which have been around for years, and which doubt will still be played for years to come. Wherever possible I have ted the sources of the tunes. If you like a particular tune, I would urge you to pursue it a little and go to the source, whether this is a manuscript, a published book, a recording or a real live musician. In the words of Barry Callaghan, Tuneshave a life story, and have participated in the life stories of the countless musicians who have played themthey all come trailing their history. He goes on to encourage us to look for the life stories as we meet further tunes.
You will tice that I have included a few tunes of French and Danish origin these tunes have been taken on board by English session players, and are played in an English style.
- Author(s)Nick Barber
- PublisherDave Mallinson Publications
- Date of Publication31/05/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationCleckheaton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDave Mallinson Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.