All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $27.10Free postage
- AU $35.15Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionNick Bollettieri's Tennis Handbook, Second Edition, is the most comprehensive guide to learning and teaching tennis from the sport's most successful coach. Nick Bollettieri's training and development system is recognized around the world. He has developed or coached the game's elite players, including Andre Agassi, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Jelena Janković, Jim Courier, Boris Becker, Martina Hingis, Marcelo Rios, Monica Seles, Kei Nishikori, Petra Kvitova, and Sabine Lisicki. Now, Bollettieri provides the same instruction on skills and tactics that has made his IMG Academy a destination for aspiring players from around the world. From serves and returns to volleys and lobs, every shot in the game is covered to give you the most dynamic offensive arsenal. You'll learn key strategic points that will help you identify your opponents' tendencies and attack their weaknesses. Featuring 55 drills for singles and doubles play, the most effective conditioning exercises and programs for all styles of play, and the latest on equipment, techlogy, and mental training, NickBollettieri's Tennis Handbook offers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to train with a true master teacher and apply to your game the system that has helped produce some of the sport's greatest players. With the accompanying video-on-demand content, you'll have access to enhanced demonstrations of the most critical individual techniques such as forehand, backhand, volley, serve, and return. It's a must-have for dedicated players and coaches alike.
- Author BiographyNick Bollettieri is one of the most influential people in the world of tennis who is renowned for his passion for excellence and the game. His training program is recognized as one of the best systems for developing top players. It was this proven method that Bollettieri used to coach 10 top-ranked players in the world (Andre Agassi, Boris Becker, Jim Courier, Martina Hingis, Jelena Janković, Marcelo Rios, Monica Seles, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, and Venus Williams) plus a multitude of other world-class players, including Petra Kvitova, Sabine Lisicki, Kei Nishikori, Nicole Vaidisova, Tommy Haas, Radek Stepanek, Ivo Karlovic, Mary Pierce, Jimmy Arias, and Anna Kournikova. Bollettieri founded the world-renowned Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy in 1978 to educate students in a dual environment of intense tennis training and academics. Within 10 years, Bollettieri expanded his vision, joining forces with IMG to turn the tennis academy into a multisport training facility now known as IMG Academy. His insights into the game of tennis are sought by organizations around the world. He has written numerous books on tennis, contributed to many television and video programs, and is recognized for his promotion of the sport. The Bollettieri name is synonymous with tennis excellence. The coach has achieved numerous honors and awards, including induction into the International Tennis Hall of Fame in 2014. He has also been inducted into the Florida Sports Hall of Fame (2004), honored with the prestigious Sports and Service Award by the Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health (2003), inducted into the Italian American Sports Hall of Fame (2002), and ranked as one of Tennis Magazine's 50 Most Influential People in Tennis (2000) and as one of Sporting Life's 25 People Who Have Influenced Tennis in the Past Century (2000). He was named National Coach of the Year for Tennis by the United States Olympic Committee and awarded the Tennis Educational Merit Award by the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
- Author(s)Nick Bollettieri
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones
- Weight816 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.