All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone thinks they kw how to cook a steak. But do you kw how to listen to your pan to find out whether it's too hot or too cold? How do you kw when it's rare or well done? And what type of steak should you be cooking anyway? The Nick Nairn Cook School Cookbook cuts through this kitchen confusion by breaking down recipes into basic techniques, produce and equipment needed and includes tips from some of the country's top chefs. Split into three sections, the book is structured as a learning progression. From First Steps such as choosing and using produce, essential equipment and the philosophy of cooking to Essential Techniques, with easy-to-follow step-by-step photography and on to recipes including useful techniques and exercises to test your skills. You will progress from the simplest recipes to dishes for a dinner party for your friends or a satisfying supper for your family.
- Author BiographyOne of Scotland's most exciting cookery talents and entirely self-taught, Nick Nairn became the youngest chef to win a Michelin star in Scotland. Creator of several restaurants and one of the world's leading cook schools, he is also a popular TV presenter and writer - he was one of the four finalists on Great British Menu and cooked for the Queen's 80th birthday celebrations. He has written a number of successful books (with sales totalling over half a million), including three books to accompany his BBC TV series Wild Harvest, Wild Harvest 2, and Island Harvest, the best-selling Top 100 Salmon Recipes and most recently Fish 'N' Tips.
- Author(s)Nick Nairn
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/03/2008
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCassell Illustrated
- Content Note400
- Weight1336 g
- Width196 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $36.36Trending at AU $38.09
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $58.92
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $32.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.