All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 2005. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Author BiographyNicolas Slonimsky (1894-1995) was an influential and celebrated writer on music. Born in St. Petersburg, Russia in 1894, in his 101 years he taught and coached music; conducted the premieres of several 20th century masterpieces; composed works for piano and voice; and oversaw the 5th-8th editions of the classic Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians. Beginning in 1926, Slonimsky resided in the United States. From his arrival, he wrote provocative articles on contemporary music and musicians, many of whom were his personal friends. Working as a freelance author, he built a large file of review, articles, and even manuscripts for books that were never published. This collection brings together the cream of this material in 4 volumes.
- Author(s)Nicolas Slonimsky
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/12/2004
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white halftones
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $36.45
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.08
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.