All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.06Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionTypically, the first decade of Friedrich Nietzsche's career is considered a sort of precis to his mature thinking. Yet his philological articles, lectures, and tebooks on Ancient Greek culture and thought - much of which has received insufficient scholarly attention - were never intended to serve as a preparatory ground to future thought. Nietzsche's early scholarship was intended to express his insights into the character of antiquity. Many of those insights are t only important for better understanding Nietzsche; they remain vital for understanding antiquity today. Interdisciplinary in scope and international in perspective, this volume investigates Nietzsche as a scholar of antiquity, offering the first thorough examination of his articles, lectures, tebooks on Ancient Greek culture and thought in English. With eleven original chapters by some of the leading Nietzsche scholars and classicists from around the world and with reproductions of two definitive essays, this book analyzes Nietzsche's scholarly methods and aims, his understanding of antiquity, and his influence on the history of classical studies.
- Author BiographyAnthony K. Jensen is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Providence College, USA, and Associate Editor of the Journal of Nietzsche Studies. Helmut Heit is Dilthey Fellow at the Technische Universitat Berlin, Germany, and the Director of the Berliner Nietzsche Colloquium.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- Series TitleBloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight626 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAnthony K. Jensen,Helmut Heit
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.