All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNietzsche's New Seas makes available for the first time in English a representative sample of the best recent Nietzsche scholarship from Germany, France, and the United States. Michael Allen Gillespie and Tracy B. Strong have brought together scholars from a variety of disciplines-philosophy, history, literary criticism, and musicology-and from schools of thought that differ both methodologically and ideologically. The contributors-Karsten Harries, Robert Pippin, Eugen Fink, Hans-Georg Gadamer, Kurt Paul Janz, Sarah Kofman, Jean-Michel Rey, and the editors themselves-take a new approach to Nietzsche, one that begins with the claim that his enigmatic utterances can best be understood by examining the style or structure of his thought.
- Author BiographyMichael Allen Gillespie is associate professor of political science at Duke University. He is the author of Hegel, Heidegger, and the Ground of History, also published by the University of Chicago Press. Tracy B. Strong is professor of political science at the University of California, San Diego. He is the author of Friedrich Nietzsche and the Politics of Transfiguration.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1991
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight339 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichael Allen Gillespie,Tracy B. Strong
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.