All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMagically bringing the sights, sounds, and sprit of the holiday season to life, Grandma Moses's unique illustrations elevate Moore's text to a new level. Readers will delight as they escape the commercialism of today's holiday season and share in the experience of a real New England Christmas. Like a warm cup of cocoa on a swy evening, the book envelops you in the comfort of tradition, incence and simplicity. Author, curator, and principal of Grandma Moses Properties, Jane Kallir has provided an introduction highlighting Grandma Moses's impact on the art world, and on America in the postwar years. This fully authorized edition of The Night Before Christmas is the perfect gift for children, adults, fans of Grandma Moses, and art lovers.
- Author BiographyGrandma Moses (1860-1961) is one of the most important self-taught artists of the 20th century, achieving a celebrity that transcended the normal boundaries of the folk-art movement. In the post-WWII years, Moses (born Anna Mary Robertson) was one of the most successful and famous artists in America. Clement Clarke Moore was an academic, author, and poet who lived and worked in New York City. He is best known for writing this Christmas poem, first published anonymously, in 1823. He died in 1863.
- Author(s)Grandma Moses
- PublisherUniverse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/10/2007
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniverse Publishing
- Content Note30 colour illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width248 mm
- Height333 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.