Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by e-clearances
- Est. delivery by 19 Dec
- AU $114.90+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by booklegend66
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The Pies beat the Saints and the city of Melbourne was still cloaked in black and white crepe paper when the rumour of a pack rape by celebrating footballers began to surface. By morning, the head of the sexual crimes squad confirmed to journalists that they were preparing to question two Collingwood players...And so, as police were confiscating bedsheets from a townhouse in Dorcas Street, South Melbourne, the trial by media began.' - Night Games. In the tradition of Helen Garner's The First Stone comes ather closely observed, controversial book about sex, consent and power. At the centre of it is Anna Krien's account of the rape trial of a footballer. Krien offers a balanced and fearless look at the dark side of footy culture - the world of Sam Newman, Ricky Nixon, Matty Johns, the Cronulla Sharks and more. What does a young footballer do to cut loose? At night, some play what they think of as pranks, or games. Night games involving women. These games sometimes involve consensual sex, but sometimes they don't, and sometimes they fall into a grey area. Both a courtroom drama and a riveting piece of first-person narrative journalism, this is a breakthrough book from one of the young leading lights of Australian writing.
- Author BiographyAnna Krien is the author of Into the Woods: The Battle for Tasmania's Forests and Us and Them: On the Importance of Animals (Quarterly Essay 45).
- Author(s)Anna Krien
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/2013
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.