About this product
- DescriptionThis beautiful gift box set includes the picture book and true-to-character plush toys of Night Monkey and Day Monkey. Julia Donaldson's enchanting picture book story is about two monkeys who are as different as night and day. Night Monkey and Day Monkey don't think they have much in common. But when they each spend time in the other's opposite worlds, they learn a lot. And they also learn to be the best of friends. One of the finest rhyming picture book stories from Julia Donaldson, the author behind The Gruffaloand What The Ladybird Heard, and beautifully illustrated by Lucy Richards. Beautiful plush toys of both monkeys accompany the book. They can be used separately and can also hold hands as the characters do in the picture book. This story is perfect for story-led play, children can re-enact the adventures as they learn about the difference between dark and light.
- Author BiographyLucy is originally from Middlesex, she studied at North Wales School of Art & Design at Glyndwr University, and now lives in Devon with her 4 yr old son and fat tabby cat. After winning an award from Hallmark for her final university show, it didn't take long for Lucy to establish herself as a much-loved illustrator within children's books. She has illustrated texts with Michael Morpurgo and Julia Donaldson, as well as writing and illustrating her own book 'The Magic Sky'. In my spare time when I'm not drawing or painting, I love going on outdoor adventures with my little boy, whose imagination is a delight! Julia Donaldson, the 2011-2013 Children's Laureate, is the outrageously talented, prize-winning author of the world's most-loved picture books including The Gruffalo, What the Ladybird Heard, Stickman, The Scarecrows' Wedding and Night Monkey, Day Monkey. Julia Donaldson's collaborations with Axel Scheffler have sold millions of copies, and Room on the Broom is now an Academy Award-nominated short film. Julia Donaldson has also collaborated with illustrators David Roberts, Nick Sharratt, Emily Gravett, Rebecca Cobb, and Lydia Monks. She also writes poems, plays, songs and fiction for older children and, together with her husband Malcolm, has performed her wonderful stage shows all over the world.
- Author(s)Julia Donaldson,Lucy Richards
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- FormatNovelty book
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Weight192 g
- Width160 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine68 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.