CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Descriptionhe poet Elise Asher's life in art is extraordinary. Well kwn as a painter, there is American painter who is as good a poet and American poet who is as good a painter as Elise Asher. Night Train contains all the poetry that she wants to preserve, the truth of her life found in language, a life lived in two arts: her poetry kept until w almost in hiding, her other art public. (The painting is seldom separated from images drawn from poetry). Now we have Night Train. The poetry leads us through a private world, sometimes our own, to beauty discovered, to basic truth, to places arrived at, it seems at all hours, in the middle of the night. We do t kw how we got there because the night has been long and Elise Asher was awake when we were sleeping. In the bottom of the night we are startled by her artistry.
- Author BiographyELISE ASHER, born in Chicago, has been living in Greenwich Village and Provincetown, Massachusetts since 1948. The cover for this book is taken from one of her paintings. In 1994 she published, with The Sheep Meadow Press, The Visionary Gleam, a work of exploration and discovery where she juxtaposes forty-seven plates of her paintings with their source or parallels in the poems from the great tradition.
- Author(s)Elise Asher
- PublisherSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/08/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Weight91 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.