All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA woman hopelessly in love boards the night train to Nykobing, Denmark, t kwing if the lover she leaves on the station platform will ever be with her again. Night Train to Nykobing is a transformative tale that articulates the dense codes of love, the passion of waiting, and the terrifying intensity of a life on the edge of abandonment. But it also is a story of return to a country, to a culture, to a language, and finally to a heart that has wandered through the desert of time. As ever, Kristjana Gunnars writes a textured palimpsest of pain and joy, of feeling and kwing entwined with the desperations of everyday life.
- Author BiographyKristjana Gunnars is the author of five cross-generic prose books from Red Deer Press, including The Prowler and The Substance of Forgetting. She is also the author of several books of poetry, including Exiles Among You and Silence of the Country. Her books of short stories are The Axe's Edge and The Guest House. Gunnars has been a professor of Creative Writing at the University of Alberta since 1990, and is no living on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia.
- Author(s)K Gunnars
- PublisherRed Deer College Press,Canada
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRed Deer College Press,Canada
- Out-of-print date25/08/2011
- Weight109 g
- Width128 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.74
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.