Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.71
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.83Trending at AU $43.94
- AU $19.71Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionTo kw things, for us to kw things, is bad for them. We get to wanting and when we get to wanting it's bad for them. They thinks we want what they got . . . . That's why they don't want us reading. -- Nightjohn I didn't kw what letters was, t what they meant, but I thought it might be something I wanted to kw. To learn. -- SarnySarny, a female slave at the Waller plantation, first sees Nightjohn when he is brought there with a rope around his neck, his body covered in scars.He had escaped rth to freedom, but he came back--came back to teach reading. Kwing that the penalty for reading is dismemberment Nightjohn still retumed to slavery to teach others how to read. And twelve-year-old Sarny is willing to take the risk to learn.Set in the 1850s, Gary Paulsen's groundbreaking new vel is unlike anything else the award-winning author has written. It is a meticulously researched, historically accurate, and artistically crafted portrayal of a grim time in our nation's past, brought to light through the personal history of two unforgettable characters.
- Author(s)Gary Paulsen
- PublisherPerfection Learning
- Date of Publication01/01/1995
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfection Learning
- Weight113 g
- Width107 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.