All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNightmares! The Sleepwalker Tonic is the sequel to the hilariously scary New York Times bestselling vel Nightmares! by multitalented actor Jason Segel and bestselling author Kirsten Miller. You thought the nightmares were over? You better keep the lights on! Charlie Laird has a dream life. 1) He has a weirdo stepmom who runs an herbarium. 2) He lives in a purple mansion with a portal to the Netherworld. 3) Since they escaped from the Netherworld, he and his best friends have been sleeping like babies. But Charlie can t shake the feeling that something strange is afoot. Charlotte s herbarium used to be one of the busiest stores in Cypress Creek. Now her loyal following is heading to Orville Falls for their herbal potions. Weirder, though, Orville Falls is suddenly filled with . . . zombies? At least, they sure look like the walking dead. Rumor has it that one s sleeping in Orville Falls. And Charlie kws what that means. Things are getting freaky again. Praise for the Nightmares! Series Charlie Laird, who learns fear will eat you alive if you feed it, makes an impression, and...readers will want to accompany him again. The New York Times Book ReviewA touching comical saga...about facing things that go bump in the night. US WeeklyCoraline meets Monsters, Inc. in this delightfully entertaining offering from actor [Jason] Segel and co-author [Kirsten] Miller. Publishers Weekly Comical antics, cartoonish spot illustrations, and creepy villains make for quite an entertaining read.Booklist Succeeds at scaring and amusing in equal measure . . . Sweet, charming, and imaginative.Kirkus ReviewsAn engaging and creative story...woven with a generous amount [of] humor. VOYA There's humor and a fairly high ick-factor.School Library JournalCleverly crafted...This vel presents just the right mix of 'scary and humorous.' ILA Literacy Daily
- Author BiographyJason Segel used to have nightmares just like Charlie, and just like Charlie, he's learned that the things we're most afraid of are the things that can make us strong...if we're brave enough to face them. Jason likes acting, writing, making music, and hanging out with his friends. Sometimes he writes movies. Sometimes he writes songs for movies. Sometimes he stars in those movies and sings those songs. You might know him from The Muppets and Despicable Me. Your parents might know him from other stuff. Nightmares! The Sleepwalker Tonic is his second novel and the sequel to Nightmares! Kirsten Miller grew up in a small town just like Cypress Creek, minus the purple mansion. She lives and writes in New York City. Kirsten is the author of the acclaimed Kiki Strike books, the Eternal Ones series, and How to Lead a Life of Crime. Nightmares! The Sleepwalker Tonic is the second novel she's written with Jason Segel. You can visit her at kirstenmillerbooks.com.
- Author(s)Jason Segel,Kirsten Miller
- PublisherDelacorte Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication08/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleNightmares!
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelacorte Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Illustrator(s)Karl Kwasny
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.