Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionThe Niketown job was a long time ago, and Carter Chase is finally out of prison. That's the good news. The bad news: his mother just died. And his brother is missing. And the world is weird w, much more corporate than he remembers it. Can Carter get his act together eugh to find his brother and adjust to clean living, or will this whole thing go south as fast as when he robbed that stupid shoe store in the first place? Unfolding in a crassly commercial near future where even our final resting places are covered in advertisements, Niketown is a crime tale, a social satire and a t-so-flattering portrait of the world we live in.
- Author BiographyA film critic playing by his own rules since 1999, Vern first gained notoriety covering the direct-to-video action movie beat for Ain't It Cool News. The director Guillermo Del Toro once called Vern a national treasure, and that was before he even wrote the book Yippee Ki-Yay Moviegoer! : Writings On Bruce Willis, Badass Cinema and Other Important Topics, let alone Seagalogy: A Study of the Ass-Kicking Films of Steven Seagal (which plunges into the Seagal mythology much like the way Joseph Campbell dives into the work of James Joyce, according to Variety.) Niketown is his first novel. He lives in Seattle.
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.