All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.17
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionIt is one of the world's most beloved symphonic compositions a shimmering, evocative musical treatment of the legend of Scheherazade. Composed in 1888 by Nikolay Rimsky-Koraskov (1844 1908), Russian master of orchestration and lumius tone-painting, Scheherazade re-creates the legend of the Sultan Schahriar, who, convinced of the perfidy and faithlessness of women, vowed to execute each of his wives after the first night. But the Sultana Scheherazade saved her life by telling the Sultan fascinating stories for 1001 nights, staving off her demise by keeping the sanguinary ruler in a state of suspense over the outcome of the tales she told.Considered a masterpiece of program music, Scheherazade is imbued with exotic Near Eastern moods and the subtle flavor of Russian folk music. The musical Program contains four parts: I. The sea and Sinbad's shipII. The story of the prince-kalandarIII. The young prince and the princessIV. Festival in Baghdad. The sea. The ship breaks up against a cliff surmounted by a bronze horseman. Conclusion.This Dover edition is an unabridged and unaltered republication of the score originally published by M. P. Belaieff in Leipzig. It contains every te of the original composition in large, clear tation, as well as a new English translation of the Program. Musicians, students, musicologists, and any music lover will welcome this sturdy, inexpensive study score of one of the landmarks of the classical repertoire.
- Author(s)Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication28/11/1997
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight550 g
- Width206 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.